OPEN POSITION ON THE ATLAS TEAM
Atlas Furniture Asia lives and breathes quality. Inspecting 100% of all products shipped, our clients expect only the very best from us. Based in our Xiamen (?) home-office, the Quality Manager’s aim is to ensure that the quality of products Atlas Furniture provides its customers is fit for purpose, is consistent and meets both external and internal requirements. This includes legal compliance and customer expectations. The Quality Manager (QM) coordinates the activities to meet these quality standards.
The Quality Manager monitors and advises on the performance of the quality management system (QMS), produce data and report on performance, measuring against set standards.
QM liaises with other managers and staff throughout the organization to ensure that the QMS is functioning properly. Where appropriate, they advise on changes and how to implement them and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
QM uses a variety of measures and management systems, such as Total Quality Management (TQM).
Specialist work focuses on the production of beds and sofa beds, using (but not limited to) some or all of the following:
- Devising and establishing the company quality procedures, standards and specifications;
- Reviewing customer requirements and making sure they are met;
- Work with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers;
- Setting standards for quality as well as health and safety requirements in vendor locations;
- Make sure that manufacturing processes meet international and national standards;
- Always look for ways to reduce waste and increase efficiency;
- Define quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff;
- Maintain full specification sheets for every item in the company;
- Ensure the QC team has relevant and most up-to-date documents to do the QC job they are being sent to;
- Ensure QC team have itinerary for all travel and that all necessary arrangements have been made and confirmed;
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures;
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports;
- Making suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them;
- Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the business;
- Making sure the company is working as effectively as possible to keep up with competitors;
- Produce 3 complete new products per month from ideation to fully documented golden sample;
- On-going Research and sourcing of alternative factories, materials, staff;
- Making sure all test reports for UKFR / EN1725 are current and correct;
Atlas is rapidly expanding from a small to medium-sized enterprise. Working hours and conditions are expected to vary throughout the year and from supplier to supplier.
What To Expect
- 25% office-based, 75% leading Quality Staff and inspecting shipments in factories
- We work with vendors all across China. Often the QM will need to travel to, and stay in multiple locations and at short or no notice in order to meet quality requirements.
- Absence from home and overnight and overseas work or travel may be required; for example, for visiting customers, carrying our supplier audits, meeting to discuss quality plans or investigating particular quality issues.
Successful applicants will have a degree, ideally in business management, quality management or furniture design and production, or degrees that include quality management modules.
Bonus consideration will also be given to candidates with education or work experience in the following areas:
- Physical / mathematical / applied science
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Textile technology
- Polymer science / technology
Membership to a relevant professional body, such as the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) will help in your application.
In addition to experience in the furniture industry (ideally beds / upholstery), we also require evidence of the following skills:
- Communication in Chinese (Mandarin & English)
- Problem Solving
- Organising and planning
- Numerical and statistical ability
- An aptitude for analysis
- Appreciation of other work disciplines, such as engineering and science.
Minimum 3 years in a quality management or project management role.
Atlas Furniture Asia offers all Quality Management staff the opportunity to gain the following professional quality management certifications:
- Certificate in Systems Management
- Certificate in Assuring Service & Product Quality
- Certificate in Managing Supply Chain Quality
- Certificate in Quality Improvement for Business
- Certificate in Quality Management Systems Audit
As Atlas Furniture Asia expands, the QM can expect to reach Head of Quality in order to lead quality efforts in multiple areas of our business and supply chain. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will gain insight into the running and operating of an international quality and trading company.
How To Apply
Send your CV to email@example.com
- Equipment Distribution and Maintenance Report
- Order Schedule
- Factory PI
- Shipping Mark Template
- QC Report Overview
- QC Report
- NPI Report
- Training Schedule
- Expense Reimbursement Form
- Accident & Emergency Log
- QC Report Procedure (and Product-type specific QC procedure)
- Shipping Mark Procedure
- Daily Report Procedure
- Travel & Accommodation Booking Procedure
- Training Planning Procedure
- Expense Reimbursement Procedure
- Consultant Invoicing Procedure
- Accident & Emergency Procedure
- Staff Handbook
- Atlas Uniform
- Notebook & Pen
- 1,000 RMB petty cash
- Access to MS Office Online (ATLAS account)
- Key & Door Card