Universal AI by bed type
Here at Atlas, we manage the design and content accuracy of the Assembly Instructions that are shipped with every bed. With over 200 beds to choose from from our partner facilities, you can imagine that there are a lot of documents to maintain, but when it comes to Assembly Instructions (or “AI’s” as we know them), the way in which we assemble different types of bed is relatively simple and similar across similar styles of bed.
The types of bed we offer are:
- Wooden-framed upholstered beds
- Metal-framed upholstered beds
- Metal-framed beds
- Standard Beds
- Bunk Beds
- Sofa Beds
A number of our beds can also have the following options:
- Gas-Lift Full bed storage
- Legs / Feet
- High or low legs
- Metal, wood or plastic
- Fabric / colours*
- Standard fabrics / colours
- Crushed velvet / two-tone fabrics
- Mixed fabrics (cottons, nylons etc.)
- ‘Atlas Standard’ packaging
- USPS packaging standard
- Mail-Order packaging
- Product Labels*
* These items generally do not affect assembly.
Assembly General Process
- Bed assembly requires 2 people and certain parts may be heavy – please take care.
- Place the bed box as close to the final location for the product and carefully open the box. If you are using a knife or scissors, please be careful not to damage the product inside.
- Carefully open the box and locate the Assembly Instructions inside.
- Sit down and read the Assembly Instructions entirely. A second read would help either.
- Carefully unwrap and layout all parts, ensuring that all contents match that of the components and parts listed in the AI
The Bed Type Matrix
By understanding the subtle differences between the products we sell, we have come to realise that we can use standardised AI documents, to reduce administration of hundreds of files and to keep things a little more simple. Here’s how we differentiate:
|Bed width (cm):||90 (S)||120 (SD)||135 (D)||150 (K)||180 (SK)|
|Primary Material||Upholstered?||AFA Code(s)||Options||S||G||S||G||S||G||S||G||S||G|
|Wood||Yes||31, 34, 39||AI Doc #||1||2||3||4||3||4||3||4||5||6|
|Metal||Yes||30||AI Doc #||7||8||9||10||9||10||9||10||11||12|
|Metal||No||26, 40, 41||AI Doc #||13||/||14||/||14||/||14||/||/||/|
- AFA Codes: Used for internal reference only
- AI Doc. #: The relevant Assembly Instruction document number to use as the basis for assembling this configuration of product
- *CS: Number of Center Support Rails included (running from headboard to footboard, normally with 2 or 3 legs)
- **XB: Is a central cross-bar included, running from left side rail to right side rail
- S: Standard bed
- G: Gas-lift storage option
- Bed Sizes in cm (width:)
- / : Bed not available in this size for this material, at this time